Rohini scheme was launched in 1980’s to provide housing for the composite society, consisting all income groups. However major percentage of the housing was given for EWS and LIG categories.
Rohini sub city consists of Two Part Zones namely Zone ‘H’ Part (Phase -I and Phase-II)and Zone ‘M’ Part (Phase III, IV and V)
Phase- I & II
The scheme was initially divided into two phases:
(Phase I and Phase II)
which is a part of Zone ‘H’ Rohini. Phase I and Phase II consist of 19 sectors i.e. Sector-1 to Sector 19 (17 residential and two Commercial Sectors). Other salient features are as under:
|Total No. of plots of Various sizes (26-150 sq. m.)||
|Land allotted to CGHS – 152 Ha.||
|Total DDA housing under all categories||
Rohini Phase III was taken up for development in 1990, as an extension of Phase I and Phase II. Rohini Phase III planning and development area consist of six sectors i.e. from Sector 20 to 25.
Other salient features are as under:
|Land under build up or under Unathorized colony||
|Available Land for Phase III||
|No. of plots of various sizes||
Phase- IV & V
Rohini Phase IV and V is in continuation of Phase -III, being developed to accomodate registrants of Plots and Group Housing flats in Rohini scheme.Planning for the
Ph. IV and V is based on the following:
- Integration of arterial road network systems with the city network linking other sub cities like Dwarka and Narela.
- Introduction of planning measures for controlling unauthorized commercialization of Residential Plots along major traffic corridors and achieving safe and pollution free residential environment.
- Establishing an efficient, reliable and attarctive multi modal transport, with favourable conditions for safe use of bicycles and pedestrian movements.
- Introduction of Urban Form and Visual characteristics with continuity of n=harmony of open space.
- Other salient features are as under.
|Total Area of Ph. IV & V||
|Already acquired and under planning||
|No. of Residentail Pockets
(under acquired Land)
|GR. Housing Pockets||
|Co-Operative Housing Pockets||
(on acquired land)